Monday, April 1, 2013

Cheap-ass bunnies with attitude

I'll preface this by saying I don't really believe in Easter, and I celebrate it just because the kids like candy and hunting for eggs.

That being said, what is up with Easter baskets, yo?

When I was a kid, Easter baskets consisted of a chocolate bunny, and a shit-ton of cheap chocolates. We'd get all candied up and after the sugar high wore off, my parents would dress us in our finery and take us to church.

But I've been noticing a trend over the past several years. Baskets have become less about candy, and more about... stuff. This year the pre-made baskets being sold were full of cheap generic toys, and then a few sample size packets of candy.

My Facebook newsfeed is cluttered with pics people have posted of their kids with their Easter swag. It is un-freakin-believable. Easter has become like a mini-Christmas/birthday in the spring in which kids are bestowed Ipods instead of chocolate eggs and XBox games instead of Peeps.

This year, I rebelled. My kids each got a chocolate bunny, and I (I mean the bunny) hid plastic eggs filled with candy around the house. You know what? Not one complaint have I heard.

So take that, Easter Bunny *cough, Wal-Fart*

I call your swag and raise you cheap chocolates. You damn right you fold, I knew you were bluffin'. Cheap-ass chocolates in the hizz-ouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment